Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More plots?

The more I learn about writing, the more my eyes are opened. I am suddenly getting tons and tons of ideas for stories. Most of them are inklings, won't be able to fill more than a short story/novella type. But I've discovered that when I combine ideas, I find gold.

Sadly enough, my next novel will most definitely be historic, although I'm not sure what time period to put it in. I'm debating the French Revolution and Nazi Germany. I know those are both totally unrelated, but still. I'll have to do more research, that much I'm sure of. Ohhhh, this is going to be a dark, dark road I'm going down. The last thing I want is to be bogged down with research so much that I don't want to write. Or that I like researching too much and I never get to writing.

What else am I afraid of? That I might get too wrapped up in plotting or thinking, I stop working on my actual novel. I still need to finish it. I still need to edit it. I can't start anything until I've at least finished it. And I will finish it.

On a different note, I'm going through and adding tags to all of my posts to try and make them more relevant.

On a different different note, Adele and I have finally got our writing blog opened, but I won't start linking until we've started posting. I think that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment